How to set up a proxy on Android smartphone : Proxy servers allow you to browse the Internet anonymously or bypass restrictions related to certain web services.
To connect to the local network of some organizations or companies, it may be
necessary to set up a proxy on your device. In this article we will see how to do it on an Android smartphone. very simple to set up a proxy on Android smartphone
For a typical user, the usefulness of a proxy is about the same as that of a VPN.
Both allow you to divert your traffic by passing it through a remote server, which
makes you anonymous on the web by substituting your IP address by that of the relay server. Some proxy services also provide data encryption, but not all.
Companies also use proxy for several reasons. They allow to filter the web connection
on the whole network a little like a firewall, but with additional possibilities such as
the prohibition of certain domains or type of services (P2P, streaming), the caching of
the data to save bandwidth, or even speed up navigation. To connect to the network
of these companies – this is also the case in schools and universities – you must necessarily go through their proxy server, which requires a configuration on your computer or smartphone. very simple to set up a proxy on Android smartphone
also read :
How to set up a proxy on Android smartphone
In this article, we will see how to configure a proxy on an Android smartphone, android 7 proxy and android 4.4 proxy
Configuring a proxy on Android: how does it work ?
Setting up a proxy server on Android is a much easier task than it looks.
All you need is to have the necessary information which must be entered directly
in the interface provided for this purpose. Here’s how to proceed :
- Access Settings on your Android smartphone
- Go to the WiFi section
- Do a long press on the name of the network to which you want to connect with a proxy
- Tap Edit / Manage Network Settings
- At the dialog that opens, tap Show advanced options
- Press the drop-down menu in the proxy section and select the Manual option to perform manual configuration
- In the Proxy Host Name field, enter the proxy server address and then the connection port in the field just below. Both information must be given to you by the proxy service provider or by the IT department of the organization to which the network to which you want to connect belongs
- To validate the configuration, press the Save button. very simple to set up a proxy on Android smartphone
also read :
Automatic proxy configuration on Android
Note that it is also possible to automatically configure the proxy server on your smartphone.
With Windows, macOS, and some operating systems, your computer can automatically recover the proxy configuration in case the possibility is offered over the network.
But with Android, this is not possible. However, you can enter an address that contains
an automatic configuration script that is in a .pac extension file. Example: websiteweb.com/proxy/configuration.pac.
To populate the address, choose Auto Setup instead of Manual by following the path shown above.
also read :
very simple how to set up a proxy on Android smartphone